Is it Hard to Conduct a Pennsylvania License Plate Search by Yourself?
If you are buying a used car, put on an investigator’s hat and perform a Pennsylvania license plate search. If you have a vehicle history report, you can compare the reality of the car with what the seller is purporting. Research is necessary because most pre-owned vehicles do not offer guarantees. Is the car really worth what the seller is asking? Is that a real VIN? Is the seller really the legal owner? You have to make sure that every detail is in place as claimed by the seller. For this reason, a Pennsylvania license plate lookup is imperative.
How Difficult is a Pennsylvania License Plate Search?
Performing a VIN check is not difficult with the help of license plate lookup services in Pennsylvania. However, undertaking it alone can be a daunting task. If you were to perform a license plate search independently, you will need to contact the DMV, police department, service and inspection stations, and insurance companies – all by yourself. This is clearly a time-consuming process – and in the interim, if the car really is a gem in the used market rough, another buyer may snag your dream deal.
A free license plate search with VINCheckPro.com will do all of the research for you, streamlining the entire process and immediately providing you with a comprehensive Pennsylvania vehicle history report. You simply need to enter in the VIN or license plate, and VINCheckPro will do the rest in parsing through more than 40 million government, private, and insurance records.
Pennsylvania Vehicle History Report: What’s Inside?
The state requires that all businesses and individuals register their vehicles with the Pennsylvania Division of Motor Vehicles. Pennsylvania license plate records included in the VINCheckPro.com vehicle history report can include:
- Ownership information: Is it really a one-owner car? Or is there a red flag, switching multiple owners in a short period of time? Is the seller the current owner?
- Accident history and structural damage: Were there major or minor accidents? What were the damages?
- Total loss, junk, flood, and salvage records: Has the car been declared a total loss? Was it repaired and then inspected to be safe for the road? Or is it really a junk title?
- Livery usage: Was this a personal use car? Or was it used as part of a fleet, such as delivery, taxi, lease, or police?
- Vehicle specifications: This section will include the make and model and other manufacturing details.
- VIN check: Does the VIN on the Pennsylvania vehicle history report match what the seller provides? If not, this is a blaring warning for a fraudulent VIN, which is used to cover the real history of a vehicle illegally on the market.
- Theft check: Is this a stolen or missing vehicle? Or is the title clear and legal?
- Environmental score: What is the fuel efficiency? EPA ratings?
- Odometer reading: Does the estimated odometer reading match what the seller purports? If there is a discrepancy, this is a huge red flag for odometer tampering or rollback.
- Recalls and defects: Were there recalls on the vehicle? Was it a lemon?
Conducting a license plate lookup with VINCheckPro.com can provide you with comprehensive details about the car in question, providing you with an invaluable Pennsylvania vehicle history report. Simply enter in the VIN or license plate details and let VINCheckPro do the rest: detect fraud, verify the car ownership history, assess if the car was stolen, know the accurate odometer reading, and much more.