New York License Plate Lookup Services: Finding the Truth
Buying a pre-owned vehicle in New York is an inexpensive way to own an automobile, but there are many traps and snags along the road to finding the perfect car with a solid vehicle history report. Undertaking a New York license plate lookup before buying a used car will protect you and give you peace of mind. A New York vehicle history report will alert you if you are at risk of buying a vehicle that is stolen, not roadworthy, a lemon, or worse.
How are New York License Plate Lookup Services Beneficial?
Using license plate lookup services provides you with details that can help you to pay only what the car is worth, saving you considerable amount of money when buying a used car. More importantly, the safety and reliability of the car is better gauged when you can review a comprehensive New York license plate history. Some of these details include:
- Title Records: Does the New York vehicle history report return a clean and legal title? Or is it salvaged? Flooded? Totaled? Stolen? There are many title statues, but you only want one that is clean and clear for transfer.
- Service Records: A vehicle that has skipped routine maintenance will be costlier to you than one well cared for. In addition to an odometer estimate, you’ll also be able to see a snapshot of state inspections the car has passed – or failed.
- Repair and Recall Issues: Repair and recall problems affect car value and the buying process. Although car dealers are restricted from selling new vehicles with repair issues and open recalls, used cars do not have the same regulations applied. When you check VIN numbers with VINCheckPro.com, you will have a full report of any open recalls or structural damage on the vehicle.
- Theft Report: Car thieves use VIN cloning to steal and sell stolen cars to the public. You can verify the VIN’s authenticity with the New York vehicle history report. Compare what’s on the report with what the seller is providing to ensure the numbers match.
- Claims History: Checking the New York license plate records gives you access to accident history and inconsistencies and claims before you make a purchase agreement.
How to Perform a License Plate Lookup?
Performing a basic search online by yourself can help you gather limited information about a particular license plate number. By using the New York Department of Transportation website, you can get details about the vehicle’s model year, the make of the vehicle, and the date the particular vehicle was registered. However, you will not be able to access personal ownership details, and insurance and private records will not be available.
Authorized VIN search services, such as VINCheckPro.com, not only streamline the research process for you, but searches through more than 40 million records on the government, insurance, and private levels. The comprehensive New York vehicle history report includes:
- Accident history
- Total loss records
- Salvage and junk titles
- Structural damages
- Theft check
- Odometer reading
- Livery usage (police, tax, or lease use)
- Vehicle specifications
- Theft check
- Environmental score
- Safety ratings
In undertaking a New York license plate look up, you are taking the first step to making a smart choice for pre-owned vehicle. There are so many pitfalls and dangers in the used car market, but license plate lookup services in New York help you make the safest decision for your family. Conduct your free VIN search or New York license plate lookup today with VINCheckPro.com.